Wednesday 2 July 2014

Of time and other silly thoughts

Today, as I was going from one chore to the other, I realised that I was going to run out of time, I wasn't going to complete my list of things! This happens to me every time that I have a day off work.
Everyday I think of things I would like to do but for some reason I can't, so I make a mental note to do them when I'm off from work. When the day comes I have a good amount of "must dos" and "would like to dos", and time runs out quite quickly leaving me with that bitter feeling of wasting a day.
I know that I am not alone, people always complain about not having enough time.
What is time ,anyway?  Wikipedia says that there are two different views about time. Some philosophers say that time is a fundamental structure of the Universe, a dimension independent of events on which events occur in sequence; The other opposing point of view says that Time is neither an event nor a thing, and thus is not itself measurable nor can it be travelled.
If they ask me I can tell them some well known facts about time,
-time flies; time stops; time heals; time runs out; there are people ahead of time and people having the time of their lives; there is the right time and the wrong time; Time is what we make of it.
Time goes by quietly, no matter what we do, so today, unlike all the other days, I am going to be happy about the things that I got done and I'm not going to waste any time thinking about what wasn't done.
 
 
Before I go, just a quick warning, if you spend the day tidying up your garden your arms and wrists are going to get scratched, don't go and bake a lemon cake!
 
Have a nice week

No comments:

Post a Comment