Sunday 23 June 2013

Happy Birthday to me



Today is my birthday, I'm 44 and my face shows it!  I don't feel like the owner of a tired face, in my mind I'm very young. So what does growing old mean? Do we have a certain behavioural  code to comply to? I often hear people saying  things like "a woman of her age shouldn't wear miniskirt" and I think why?! As children we have so much fun, so much freedom, does it really have to end? Why can't I do cartwheels on the grass, do the split or spin around until I fall. Do you remember laughing so much that your face hurt? As adults we don't have enough fun, we forget how to relax, how to play. Do we stop doing this things because we grow old, or we grow old because we don't do them any more?
I don't know about you but I can still do the split (almost)!


No comments:

Post a Comment