Tuesday 25 June 2013

"Do your practice and all is coming"


When I decided to give yoga a go I didn't look for any class, I read books, blogs, watched videos and pictures I used anything I could find to give me some direction. It was overwhelming!! Every teacher has its own explanation of yoga and of what to expect from the practice!!  But I tried, I read somewhere "practice and all is coming", so I practice in the hope that "all" would come.
As I keep practicing and reading about yoga (mainly in blogs), I realise that it's on the mat that you learn what yoga truly  means , it's where you connect with yourself, where you have to be honest and recognise your limits.  For me  it's all about patience and respect. Respect your body, work with what it can do, and with each practice push your limits a little, with each breath deepen your poses, be patient.

" Do your practice and all is coming"
  Sri K. Pattabhi Jois

No comments:

Post a Comment