Sunday 17 May 2015

My Paleo yogi life

A few years ago, when I was determined to adopt a healthier lifestyle for me and my family, I came across with mark's daily apple , which introduced me to the  Paleo diet . From there I read all the major books: The Primal blueprint, Paleo diet: loose weight and get healthy by eating the foods you were design to eat, The new evolution diet, 4 hour body,  but the one that really influenced me was Wheat belly by Dr. William Davis. We have been wheat and gluten free ever since and we are never going back!
Trying to mimic the way we use to live back in the day makes sense. On a Paleo lifestyle you only eat real food and exercise in short bursts, the so called Tabata.
No, I'm not going to force any diet or lifestyle on you and even though I agree that we all should live in a way that brings us closer to Nature, I am not comfortable with anything that follows strict rules. So I bend them, I tweak them, I take this from here, and that from there and I make it work for me. Pablo Picasso once said  “Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist". I am not a pro nor an artist but my days are filled, for the most part, with enjoyment. My rules are few and easy to follow:
never eat wheat nor gluten,
practice yoga everyday,
load on lean protein and spinach,
draw or crochet something everyday,
sleep 8hrs (never make it),
read and challenge myself everyday,
be present,
 be grateful.
They work for me, they keep me healthy and happy. I guess I'm a" Paleo yogi".
Now, you make your own rules.

Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment